Yorkshire Copper Tube’s excellent product quality results from both our company’s investment into the latest manufacturing processes coupled with our rigorous product testing procedures.
At every stage of the production process, samples are tested to ensure product quality:
• Incoming raw material is analysed to ensure it meets the required standard then samples of molten copper are checked for chemical composition regularly during the casting process
• Billets are examined for surface quality and on the extruded shell concentricity and dimensional checks are carried out
• Further dimensional checks are adopted at every step of the drawing process through to the final product
• Every finished length of copper tube is electronically tested using eddy currents to guarantee tube soundness
• Lastly, finished tube samples are taken to carry out final mechanical and cleanliness tests (tensile strength, elongation, hardness, and carbon content)
By taking such care in the manufacture of its copper tube, Yorkshire Copper Tube can guarantee excellent product quality.
As a result, the company holds both the ISO 9001:2015 ‘Quality Management System’ approval and the ISO 14001:2015 ‘Environmental Management System’ approval.