With flip-flop weather finally here, we’re all looking forward to our summer breaks and weekend barbeques. As engineers, let’s spread the word about the importance of staying safe through the summer months.
We all love a barbeque but make sure those around you follow these simple but lifesaving rules:
• Never take a smouldering or lit BBQ into a tent, caravan or cabin. Even if you have finished cooking your BBQ should remain outside as it will still give off fumes for some hours after use
• Never use a BBQ inside to keep you warm
• Never leave a lit BBQ unattended or while sleeping
• Place your cooking area well away from your tent. Always ensure there is an adequate supply of fresh air in the area where the BBQ is being used
• Only use your BBQ in accordance with the operating instructions
• Remember the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. *Gassaferegister.co.uk
Whether you are at home or away, take a look at Gas Safe’s holiday fact sheet and share with your customers to ensure these simple gas safety precautions are followed, whether travelling abroad or staying in the UK.